In today's business environment, everyone recognizes the need to improve operational efficiency
within the company, but often lack adequate knowledge of material flow
circulating within the organization. This course will enable you to understand how
complete history, prospects, strategies and key areas of logistics management.
Anyone wishing to obtain an overview of logistics management.
Expected Duration :
Evolution of Logistics
• recognize the benefits of developing a thorough knowledge of logistics management
• identify the role of logistics manager within a company
• identify key factors in the evolution of logistics
• define the basic vocabulary relating to logistics.
Perspectives in logistics
• recognize the importance of considering the logistics from different perspectives
• identify systems that support logistics management
• identify the major functional areas of logistics management
• identify the characteristics of the approach to logistics management focuses on the process.
Develop logistics strategy
• recognize the importance of developing a holistic and comprehensive approach for implementing
• select methods to implement effective internal logistics strategy
• selection of effective methods to implement logistics strategies across the enterprise
• identify effective methods to implement the strategies in the entire logistics Supply chain
• identify the criteria and key factors crucial to develop a strategy for effective logistics. Key areas of logistics management
• recognize the importance of managing logistics in an effective manner in each of the key areas
• select the appropriate strategies in the areas of supply chain management, forecasting and
• select appropriate management strategies in the area of logistics chain management supply
• distinguish between effective and ineffective management of stocks
• identify effective methods of materials management holding
• define the key methods of quality management.